One more week down. Okay, so the weather last week was crazy. Monday, we had a snow day, on Friday is was 70 degrees. My runs were not good last week, I think I had a mild cold. I'm not getting enough sleep, what mom is, right? Hopefully this week goes a lot better. It's pretty much the same as last week, only I'm focusing more on times than distance. I finally really timed how long it takes me to run a mile, on average through three miles, yeah, 13:20, not so great. I still have a few months to up that and I'm getting faster every week. I should probably look into techniques to make my running faster, any suggestions? If the weather stays good, I'll walk the kids to school and then do my workout. That will make the evenings go better.
Here's the runs for the week:
Monday: run 30 minutes
Tuesday: bike 30 minutes
Wednesday: run 30 minutes
Thursday: bike 30 minutes
Friday: run 20 minutes
Saturday: run 45 minutes
4 comments:
I don't have any running suggestions, but Andy's cousin, Heidi, is a serious runner. You can check out her blog (I have a link to it on mine; Nurse Heidi's Spot). She has blogged about running quite a bit, but she blogs about lots of other things, so it might be hard for you to find the posts specifically about running. I could her email address for you if you want to ask her questions.
I'm behind, what are you training for? I'm so excited for you though! Running with Sheilah is what made me run faster, sorry I can't send her to you:).
I'm not a great distance runner, but I have one piece of advice that may help. Keep your stride long and low to the ground.Along with this, pull with your legs when they are in front of your body as much as you push with them when they are behind you. That way you go further, faster, using less energy. One more thing; make sure your not pounding the ground hard (keeping a low to the ground stride also helps with this) If you pound, you'll end up with massive shinn splints.(trust me, I know this from experience)
Actually don't pull with your legs as much as you push, unless you're sprinting.
Post a Comment