Our family plays a movie quote game, when a certain situation calls for a quote from a movie we'll say it, sometimes we acknowledge that we got the quote by just carrying on the conversation from the movie. Occasionally we read books that have this same affect, "Holes" is one of them.
Here are some of our favorite lines:
"The first hole is the hardest." (you can replace hole with any task that the kids don't want to do, "the first dish is the hardest", "the first bathroom is the hardest")
"The second hole is the hardest." (see the parenthetical note on the first quote)
"The third hole is the hardest."
I suppose you could say "The nth hole is the hardest", but eventually you can't keep going because at some point it starts getting easier, maybe.
"No-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather."
And we also talk up how wonderful onions are, and how much we miss Texas.
I love that my family reads books together.

3 comments:
We do the same quote "offen". And when I say "offen" I mean "offen" frequently.
She said "offen, frequently"!
I think we got this game from you. Cause you are cool like that.
Post a Comment