Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Doctor's Visit

Discussed: asthma, weightloss, thyroid
Tests: chest x-ray, iron, thyroid, blood sugar levels
Prescription: Inhaler to use 15-30 minutes before exercising
Homework: diet tracking, weightloss class (maybe), report on inhaler helpfulness

The results should be available in a couple of days. Hopefully the inhaler helps. Hopefully my weightloss issues really are because I'm eating more than I think I am (I don't think so, but I hope I'm wrong).

5 comments:

JBPacker said...

You have motivated me to starting tracking my mileage. I hope you don't have anything wrong with you. I know how it is to exercise a lot and not drop the weight. You will have to keep me posted.

Anonymous said...

I recently complained to my doctor about how very very slow my weight loss has been going. I also track calories so that was a known. I do keep track of my waist, hip and bust size as well as weight. Based on the change in those dimensions, my doctor was convinced that I have not calculated in how much I am going to gain from muscle growth- though she couldn't give me a nice formula so I could calculate that. Are your clothes fitting any looser then they used to?

Queen of the Castle said...

I have noticed that my lower abdomen has gotten smaller, but not enough that I've lost a pant size or anything. I really packed on the fat there with these last two pregnancies. I've been really frustrated that my weight hasn't moved especially with nursing and running so much. I've never exercised so much while nursing, but I have made concerted efforts to loose weight while nursing, and they never seem to work. I always attributed that to the fact that I really could be exercising more. But, now I'm exercising a ton. I'm getting frustrated, it is going to be a lot easier to run the relay without all of these pounds.
I'm going to start tracking next week. How do you track your food?

Anonymous said...

I got a book that lists calories and just keep a running total in my head. Initially, I would right things down, but after tracking calories for a while, I got better. My sister uses this website:
http://caloriecount.about.com/
but I find it easier to just keep those numbers in my head. When you cook with real recipes, it can be hard- there are some webpages that are good for calculating home cooked stuff, I just don't use them regularly. For more unusual foods, I will go to google and put in the name of the food and either calories or nutritional information. Here's an unusual calorie count- hula hooping counts the same as running a 10 minute mile. :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes/

This webpage can be useful.