
I think this is the fourth time I've read this book. I reread it this time because we watched the Disney version of the movie and it was really not like the book. This isn't my favorite Chronicle of Narnia. It doesn't pull me into the story the way some of the others do. Prince Caspian is well worth the read.
Here are some thoughts I had while reading the book this time:
Here are some thoughts I had while reading the book this time:
- Help doesn't always come in the form you expect it to come in. No one expected that King Peter would show up as a child, or at least a young teenager. They expected him to come as a powerful warrior to help save them from the Telemarines.
- We get impatient for help to come. Prince Caspian almost made a deal with questionable sorts of people because he was impatient. Help was literally just around the corner. Luckily, Peter and Edmund were there to help out.
- Help doesn't always come in the same way every time. Lucy saw Aslan when the other couldn't. Last time all of them saw him. This time they had to trust Aslan to gain the ability to see him.
- Sometimes the person that we think is the least likely to have the best idea or sufficient knowledge or a feeling about what needs to be done is the one that is right. We need to open our hearts and be able to tell when these times are. Just because it wasn't our suggestion, doesn't mean that it isn't the right one.
- When you treat people as animals they become uncivilized. The Narnian animals were able to talk before the Telemarines ruled, but they lost the ability when they were kicked out of their homes, they became uncivilized.
1 comment:
I haven't read this book yet--I want to, though. I just watched the movie for the first time last week, and I thought it was okay, but not fantastic. Oh well. The book usually is better than the movie.
Post a Comment