Saturday, March 14, 2009

Week of Training #7

Okay well, last week was a complete mess:

Monday - car got a flat tire, got stranded, but able to walk home, didn't run.

Tuesday - aerobics routine to cross train

Wednesday - got my run in

Thursday - used a friend's treadmill to do some speed work, friend pointed out to me that I might have asthma because I was coughing for a while after I ran. I did a little research and I think I have exercise induced asthma. I have thought that it was strange that I could never carry on a conversation while running like they say you are suppose to be able to do and I've always been more winded than everyone else in aerobics.

Friday - Passed out in the morning. I think I let my blood sugar get too low. I didn't eat breakfast when I should have because I was trying to get the kids off to school and I fed Seth having fasted all night with out eating or drinking anything. I'm really sensitive to my blood sugar levels. I have never been diagnosed with either diabetes or hypoglycemia. During my pregnancies I was tested for diabetes which were all negative. I scheduled a doctor's appointment for Tuesday (for the asthma and the passing out). I've passed out before because of my blood sugar and I've had no other troubles since, that was almost ten years ago. Didn't run. I thought I should rest a little bit. I feel fine, I was tired all day long, but I haven't been getting enough sleep, so it may have been do as much to that as to what ever caused me to pass out.

Saturday - Didn't run, but resumed all other normal activities. If tomorrow goes with out incident and I feel good Monday morning, I'll resume running.

If I do run, here are the runs for the week
Monday: 2 miles with some hills
Wednesday: 3 miles
Friday: 2 miles with some hills
Saturday: 4 miles

3 comments:

Screamin' Meme said...

Guess what? Exercise asthma runs in the family. I found out that was what I had while visiting Deb. I was coughing after chasing her kids around and she talked to me about getting checked out by a doctor. Skylar and Brennan also have exercise induced asthma. Skylar carries an inhaler to school and takes it just before going to p.e., Brennan just deals with it he hates carrying an inhaler with him. I had it growing up and Dad and Mom didn't have any idea what was wrong with me and they wouldn't take me to the doctor for it.

I hope your passing out isn't serious. Keep me posted.

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had an interesting week! I hope you figure out the asthma and passing out. And hope you don't get stranded with the kids again anytime soon!

Rohan Shearer said...

You've become quite the runner. I'm so impressed! THanks for your comments on our post about the surgery. I know it makes sense but there was just something so archaic about it all. And I'm paying $1000's of dollars for this? :) Hope you guys are well.