Monday, February 23, 2009

Nine Nimble Nanny Goats Nibble on Necturines

I'm really surprised how easy it was to get to the 5K point. Okay, not really easy, but certainly easier than I thought it would be. The Couch to 5K program that I did was awesome, just what I needed. I highly recommend it to those of you that want to run, but don't know where to start.

Here's a link to the couch to 5K program:http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
Here's a link to podcasts that help you time your run (these are really helpful): http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts

I signed up to run in the Wasatch Back Relay with my friends Lyn and Shelah. I'll be running three legs of about 5-6 miles each. You can see a map of the course at the website, I'm runner #3. The relay is in June which means that I seriously need to kick it up some.

So here's the workouts this week.

Monday: Run 30 minutes.

Tuesday: Biking 30 minutes.

Wednesday: Run 30 minutes

Thursday: Biking 30 minutes.

Friday: Run 30 minutes.

Saturday: Run 20 minutes.

3 comments:

lyn said...

Woot! I'm so glad you liked C25K - it really helped me (and they should be paying me for the amount that I'm advertising it!)

Rohan Shearer said...

I don't know about couch to 5K. I do have a couch to refrigerator program that works really well.

Afton said...

Oh, got it! WOW! That sounds sooo fun! I've heard a lot about it, I've done a similar relay in OR a couple of times and it is sooo fun. GOod luck!

Any one else I know running it?