Sunday, January 11, 2009

five for five

Well, last week did not go as planned. Things were crazy at home, it was cold and rainy. So I'm a day behind. I'll run last week's run on Monday, Then switch to this week's to run on Wednesday, Friday, and if I feel up to it on Saturday. Then, I'll be back on schedule. I have a friend who is a personal trainer who is going to come over and give me a fitness assessment (so we'll both know how out of shape I am, lovely). I'm really excited about that.

Monday:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Tuesday:
Walk kids to school weather permitting.

Wednesday:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
and my fitness assessment

Thursday: Walk kids to school (weather permitting).

Friday:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)

Saturday: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.

1 comment:

Ariella said...

Just let me know when you walk the kids. Then I can have Josh ride his bike and Nona can take the bus.

Your schedule looks good.

I just checked the weather. It's suppose to snow on Thursday. We'll see. I sure hope it doesn't. bleh, snow.