I'm doing horribly, but I'm trying
Tues: Hey, it was my first day, what do you expect?
Wed: 25 minutes
Thurs: Jamie had the car so I took a two hour walk, picking the big kids up from school on the way back.
Fri: I got the bike out and put it on the trainer, then I put it away.
Sat: 30 minutes.
Mon: Well, I didn't get to bed until one in the morning, so I thought it was probably more important that I get some sleep. I knew I needed it because I went grocery shopping this morning but was so tired that I couldn't think enough to get the food we needed. I just picked up something for a quick dinner tonight. I'll try again Tuesday. I probably shouldn't have been driving.
Any advice for reigning in four kids long enough to exercise (when one of them is a baby with an erratic schedule who likes to cry)?
6 comments:
I hear the stocks work pretty well.
Actually, you're doing really well! When I started exercising after Kate, I was happy to get 3 days/week in... I'm just BARELY getting 4 or 5 days/week in now (and it has been months since I started back up again)
Quiet kids.... hmmm... no ideas unless it is when they're not around (or in bed). I'm not a morning person, myself, though.
I dunno, someone I know goes to this fabulous gym that has childcare. I think it's called Transformations?
teehee
Ariella, I know. But part of the deal with getting the trainer is that I can't get a membership at a gym for a while. I really wanted the trainer because cycling is really the only sport I enjoy and I'm so out of shape (fat) that I don't think running would be good for my knees right now, and Seth is still too little for the jogging stroller. It will be good for the future because I want to start doing bike races like the MS 150, and will need to train on my bike inside. I think that they would constantly be bringing Seth to me anyway, he cries so much.
I planning to start a cross-training program at some point, but it will be a while from now.
Yoga and Excercise DVD's. My kids think anything on TV is ultra-cool...including the makeup infomercial I caught Carsten watching at 3am. (He was totally into it.) I turn on FIT TV or pop in a DVD and instantly my kids think it a treat and actually do a lot with me. Abrielle is getting really good at "down dog" and the "sun pose." She also does a great sidekick for Tai Bo.
You did great for your first week! You can't expect to make it happen everyday at first. I know my sis-in-law took advantage of the YMCA and their programs for kids. I'm still feeling too nauseus and exhausted to get on the elliptical.
Post a Comment