
The Grinch has been stealing my Christmas for a while, and I'm the Grinch. I'm obsessed with making presents for people, which makes Christmas time crazy. I usually don't really have enough time to get done what I need to in time for Christmas. I get grumpy because of the stress.
I also get really overwhelmed with all of the parties and activities that go on during December. Then there are all of the traditions that we want for our kids, to create good memories for them and give them something to look forward to. Most of the responsibility for making sure those happen falls to me. I end up by New Years exhausted, grumpy, and wondering if Christmas is really worth all of the work. I don't have much fun and I don't like that I don't have much fun. I just want to enjoy the season, without all of the hullabaloo.
This year, I'm trying to make things easier on me. I'm already almost done with Christmas. My goal is to be done by Thanksgiving. I'm not doing any Christmas shopping after December 1. We are going to start on our Christmas pageant earlier than usual this year, hopefully, we'll get it done two weeks before Christmas. This will give me the time to really enjoy the Christmas season. I'm not going to volunteer to do stuff this year. Next year when I don't have a baby, I'll volunteer to help with stuff at the school and at church, but this year, I want to enjoy.
Hopefully, I'll be the one carving the roast beast on Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment