Saturday, October 25, 2008

Six Random Things

I got tagged by my friend, Tamara. I'm suppose to make a list of six random things about myself. I'll try to think of things that not many people know about me.

1. My dream job: an astronaut. This isn't some stars in your eyes six year old learning about space sort of dream, this is if you could pick the perfect job for you sort of thing.

2. I get obsessive about my projects. I can spend 16 hours a day working on things until they get done. Unfortunately, that means that other things don't get done that need to get done. I've made strides trying to overcome this, like making schedules with what I want to have done by when, and I don't do more than that on any given day. But the best present I can get is large amounts of uninterrupted time to work on my projects (mostly sewing projects).

3. I like to be organized. I get really frustrated when I can't find things. Being organized and having four kids is not really possible, although I try. Usually what happens is that I choose the things that I really want organized and everything else gets out of control until I really have to address it.

4. I have to read a book in less than seven days, or I don't finish it. There is an occasional exception to that rule, but it is true most of the time.

5. I try to avoid casseroles. I'm usually okay if the casserole wasn't made with any of the following ingredients: cream of anything soup, Lipton onion soup packets, tater tots, or cornflakes.

6. Someday I don't want to have a car. A few years back our car got totaled and we didn't have money to replace it, so we were without a car for three months. It was fun, but hard with the kids. Someday I want to do it again, because there were a lot of things that were better about it, and I felt that it would increase my quality of life, as long as the kids were old enough.

I tag:
Colette
Roxy
Jamie
Lura
Lyn
Jill S.
Jill M.
Mary
Kristen
Lindsey

Copy and paste the graphic into your blog, write your six random things and pick 10 people to tag! I look forward to reading them....

1 comment:

Lura said...

Seven days!? Wow! I am a slow book-reader, because I go days at a time without reading (too busy doing other things). I think it's awesome that you would like to not have a car (though I don't think I would want to do it).
Fun post! :)