I keep waiting for it to warm up again. After 5 years of living in a warm place, where the high temperature on Halloween has been known to be in the nineties, I finally get to live through a real autumn, or at least one that starts when it is suppose to. Where we came from we might have a cool day now and again, in October, but usually the heat returns, at least until about the first part of December, but even then you get some super nice days.
I remember what it is like to actually have the leaves change color and for the air to have a nice crispy feeling to it, but the kids don't. Last time we experienced the normal seasonal changes, Bailey was a year old and I was pregnant with Abby. Abby seems to think that the jacket we bought for her to wear at school (in her classroom because they keep the school pretty cool) will be enough to get her through the winter, I'm not sure it is going to be enough to get her through the fall.
We have no winter clothing, especially not coats that are going to do us any good once it really gets cold. I only have one pair of shoes that I would feel comfortable wearing in cold weather, and they are my running shoes. Everything else is flip flops and sandals. We are planning on spending quite a bit of money to get us all outfitted for the winter. But, we need to do it soon, because as much as I hate to admit it, 54 degrees feels cold to me now.
4 comments:
I miss those days! When my sister came here from Boston I told her fall didn't start until Oct or Nov. Sept is part of summer. So this year we have had a very cool Sept just to prove me wrong. :) Soak up the leaves for me!
Oh, isn't it weird how we can get accustomed to things so that 54 degrees does feel cold?! I had to laugh the other day when I heard the weatherman say it was going to be a mild day - only 85! I just chuckled to myself. I couldn't believe I now live in a place where 85 is considered mild! :)
Hope you find lots of good sales on winter clothes and shoes! :)
Good Luck! 70 degress feels cold to me here. We were at the park, and I needed a sweatshirt! :)
I LOVE fall!!! And though we still had it up in Idaho, it wasn't nearly as gorgeous as it is here. I'm so happy to be back home! I especially love all the trees. Have fun doing your winter shopping.
Post a Comment