Thursday, August 09, 2007

Resolutions for a New School Year

In a little more than two weeks, Bailey, Abby, and Jamie will head back to school. Abby for her first year, and Jamie for what should be his last. We spent yesterday getting Jamie new biking clothes and buying Abby school clothes (our district has a rather strict dress code).
I love getting ready for another year of school. When I was in school I alway set aside a few goals for me to achieve. For instance, when I entered High School I made the goal to read every book that I was assigned to read. I did, except the last 50 pages of "Brother's Karamozov", which I just couldn't force myself to do. I got the cliff notes, and discovered where my teacher got her essay questions from.
This year, I'm going to set some resolutions for the new school year, and here they are:
1. Loose the baby fat. I can't loose weight while I'm nursing a baby and Lucy will be 1 next week, so now I can work off all those extra pounds. My plan is to go biking every morning before the kids go to school. Jamie is great at getting them up and ready, so I don't have to worry about being back by the time they wake up.
2. Spend September making Halloween Costumes, and October making Christmas presents so that I can enjoy the Holidays this year. Last year was a bit of a fiasco.
3. Prepare things and research stuff for the kids to do next summer. This summer has been somewhat of a shocking experience for me. Perhaps that has just been because Jamie has been gone, but next summer, I'll be better prepared.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Great goals!!! Bailey will be going to kindergarten in 2 weeks!!! I shouldn't be since David goes in 4 weeks.

Emma said...

I meant I can't believe Bailey will be... I swear I typed that... oh well

Queen of the Castle said...

I can't believe it myself. David was like 15 months old when we met him. I remember because he was playing with Bailey's car during Sunday School. And Abby was like 6 weeks old. I can't believe how quickly they grow. Sometimes it make me feel old.