The interesting thing about listening to the Ramona books is that three of my children have a Romona age to identify with and the other one, has Beezus.
Seth is the Ramona from "Beezus and Ramona". He's constantly wanting to do what the older kids are doing and can be a little forceful sometimes.
Lucy is the Ramona from "Ramona the Pest". Crazy things just happen around her when she is present. I can't explain it, but the same thing happens to Ramona.
Abigail is the Ramona from "Ramona's World". Her life is full of friends and excitement as well as huge doses of embarrassment.
Bailey is Beezus. He's the oldest and closer in age to Beezus in the first book than Ramona in any of the other books. He's the responsible one that hates writing.
I really like these books. They are fun to listen to and maybe its just my kids, but I think Beverly Cleary does a great job catching the essence of the age enough to laugh about the kid that might do that, while giving the characters enough personality to make them genuinely themselves.

No comments:
Post a Comment