Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Little White Dress

Look what I made this weekend!



It's not for me, I haven't been keeping some deep dark secret.  It's for a friend of mine who is adopting a baby.  I'm surprised how quickly the whole thing went.  Last time I made a little white dress, for Abigail who will be seven this year, it took me weeks, it was very frustrating, and the end result was not what I wanted. 


 (The dress has been in storage for six and half years, so it has looked better.)

I've come a long way.

6 comments:

Kylene said...

Great job! Isn't it so awesome to see your progress right in front of you?! When I made my first blessing gown I had to stitch the collar like 5 times to get it to lay correctly (and then I avoided them for a few projects). I love the fabric, so shiny. I am going to go sew a blessing gown now... I feel some inspiration!

Mary said...

Strong work. If I even owned a sewing machine, I'd so be you 7 years ago!

Jamie said...

Good job, hunny. I think it looks great.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the detailing.

DeNae I said...

HaHaHa I was laughing so hard! I LOVE the contrast between the two. I have stuff just like that!
By the way the new dress is beautiful, great job on the collar, I always have trouble not making my collars look like pilgrims.

Queen of the Castle said...

I was thinking about re-doing the collar. It doesn't lay smooth and I want it too. I cheated a little, but I really want to make it look nice without the cheating...