The kids really miss having a yard to do yard work in. We decided this year to put our deck to better use and try our hand at container gardening. We planted seeds about two weeks ago and our vegetables have sprouted!
The empty spaces are going to be a couple of tomato plants and a pepper plant, but we have to wait for those to be available as plants at the local nursery.
If all goes well this year, next year we will get a couple more of these containers and plant even more veggies.

2 comments:
How fun! I, on the other hand, am loving having a yard of my own for the first time. It is a lot of work, but I'm loving planting my garden and the yard. The boys and I planted peas today, and two big strawberry patches a few days ago. :)
Lura
That's great. I think you will enjoy container gardening. Check out square foot gardening and you may even be able to use more of what room you have left. The lady at Anderson seed in Logan told us we could plant carrots around the bottom of our tomato plant in the containers.
I'm excited I planted peas, lettuce and spinach two weeks ago and they are finally coming up.
Post a Comment