(and Happy Boxing Day too!)
Nothing too terribly exciting happened this Christmas, except that it was the first white Christmas we've had since 2004 and that one was a fluke, really. The kids were pretty excited about all of the snow.
We try to keep Christmas simple, but the kids still love it. They each got one big present and a book, then some little things that I made from stuff we already had around the house and some things like socks and underwear (yep, we are those kinds of parents). We spent a little more money and got some better quality things for the kids than we have in the past. We put a lot of time and effort into getting toys that hopefully they will play with for a while.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I'm really excited for next year!

3 comments:
Nice work on keeping Christmas simple. I put too much work into it and have too much to clean up. Oh well. And as far as the boiling of eggs goes--that seems like a lot of work, doesn't it? I stick with the 15-minute rule. Boil them for 15 minutes, run them under cold water to cool, crack the shells and remove them under running water. They may not be perfect, but if your eggs are going to be chopped up anyway, it's a lot faster. :o)
The eggs weren't going to be chopped in this case. I stick with the easy way too, Jamie likes to do it the "hard way".
I'm always amazed at the quantity of stuff that people get for Christmas. I don't think that it needs to be so complicated. Our family doesn't need more stuff.
Last year, our big present to the family was a membership to the local aquarium. It has been a lot of fun, probably the best present we could have gotten.
We try to keep our Christmases simple, too. The kids each get one present from Santa, one from us, and they draw names amongst each other. We also get treats in our stockings, which consist mostly of peanuts and oranges, with just a bit of candy on top. Even though we only do three presents each, once you add in those from grandparents, it still seems to be a lot.
Post a Comment