and if you want the entire subtitle: "A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen"
That's probably the longest subtitle a book that I've read has ever had. Now that we've dispensed with that, let's review the book.
Jamie picked this one up, and as usual, I started reading it too.
Good things:
It has a pretty interesting critique of modern running philosophy focused mostly around running shoes, which in turn leads to a discussion about form.
It has some interesting ideas about evolution, and why it seems that homo sapiens outlived the neanderthals (and yes it has to do with running).
The stories are pretty intriguing.
Bad things:
It reads like a 282 page New York Times Article. McDougall is newspaper/magazine reporter and it shows.
Oh and by the way, I got to 20!

1 comment:
I heard this guy on the Daily Show. :)
And not that you are at 20, you going to read my outline/book (I have decided that it is of such low quality that it should be considered an outline with sentences and paragraphs)?
Post a Comment