Jamie has been busy looking around for bikes for me. I'm sort of picky. Unlike my husband, I want to have one bike and only one bike. The amount of space and upkeep that two bikes would take gives me large amounts of anxiety. I want a bike that I can do long rides on, but still be able to pull the bike trailer with and be able to use to get around town with my panniers.
Yesterday we went to REI and I test drove a bike, the Novara Randonee which was a great ride around the parking lot. I'd never ridden a bike with the shifters on the break handles, but it didn't take very long for me to figure it out. I was also a little nervous about using the pedal cages, but Jamie showed me how to get into them, and once I got going, I was fine. This one is definately on my list. It's going to take some getting used to, but the ride was so much better than it is on my comfort bike, that I doubt it will take long.
Jamie's pick for me is the Raleigh Clubman which looks like a really good bike, but none of the REI's in the area carry them, so I can't test drive it. We would have to order it in, and try it out which means that if we liked it, we would have to purchase it, so I'll wait until we have the money in hand.
I think it made Jamie's day to take me bike shopping. Of course, Jamie's sort of anamored with a penny farthing (see picture). Don't you think he would look dashing with sideburns and a monocle riding one of those?

No comments:
Post a Comment