Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Pee Wee World Cup

Any one who knows me knows that I'm not the biggest sports fan. In fact, that is probably an understatement. So, the thought of spending all day long Saturday watching soccer games, wasn't that appealing, even though my kids were playing. Amazingly enough, it turned out to be a pretty fun day, spending time as a family and watching the kids show off their skills. Abby played one game, Bailey played five. They both got trophies which they both love. They are already bothering us about playing soccer again in the fall!
Here are some picture from our fun-filled soccer day. (And just in case anyone cares, Bailey's team placed fourth in their division, I'm not sure how many teams were in his division. Abby's division just played games for fun.)


Abby playing with her team.

Bailey showing us all of his new soccer skills.

Abby with her coaches.

Bailey with his team.

Abby with her trophy. She was very excited about it.

If they had given out awards for the best baby, Seth would have won. We spent from 8:45 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at the field that day, and he did such a good job. Besides, he is quite the little cutie!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

That looks like fun. I was a week late on soccer forms this year. I finally found a league that didn't play games on Sunday. Next year for sure.

Slavka said...

How cool! I didn't even know they were playing!

Lura said...

How fun for the kids! I definately want to sign my kids up for soccer (if they want to, that is).
Cool trophy!

Screamin' Meme said...

That's great Arlynda. They look like they had soo much fun.

Lara said...

What a fun day for you. I am glad your kids had such a great time. My boy starts this summer. I am not looking forward to day long games. :)

Rohan Shearer said...

Surely that can't be little Abby!!!