Sunday, May 31, 2009

Three more to go...

I've got three more weeks til the relay, actually less than that. Three weeks from now I will be a tired and sore woman. I think that I was pushing myself too hard, so I took a step back and I feel much better. I'm starting to get really nervous about the whole thing. I'm sure that I could run each of these legs with some recovery time between them, but I'm not going to get much.

Last week ended up looking like this:
Monday: 4 miles
Thursday: 5 miles
Saturday: 5.5 miles
Total miles: 14.5

I really wanted to get the 8 miles in on Saturday, but we spend all day at playing soccer (more to come). By the time I got to running, I was already tired and it was getting late.

This week:

Monday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 7 miles
Friday: 3 miles/3 miles/2.5 miles

Total miles planned: 18.5 miles

I might run the 2.5 miles I have planned for a third run on Friday on Saturday, but we are leaving on Saturday for our drive out to Utah for our summer vacation so I don't know how feasible it is going to be.

2 comments:

Lura said...

I'm sure you will do great! We are so excited to have you guys come visit! :)

Lindsey said...

i think you are awesome for being so diligent about all this. I have never been able to stick to a running plan. Good job! Thanks for visiting my blog!