Sunday, May 10, 2009

If This Were a College Course...

I'd be putting the finishing touches on my final paper or cramming for my final exam, or cleaning my house to avoid studying or working on my finals. But nope, I've got 6 more weeks until my final, and I'm getting ready to be done.

Last week: Monday, honestly I think I went running, but I don't remember how much I ran.
Wednesday, my run got rained out, so I rode my bike for a half hour after the kids were in bed, I really should have done more and I did some pilates.
Thursday: Rode my bike for 45 minutes to make up for not running my 5.5 miles on Wednesday
Friday: 3.5 miles with the jogging stroller. Lucy and Seth both fell asleep, it was awesome.
Saturday: 5.7 miles for a half marathon relay. It took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes. I'm not sure what my official time was. Now I'm all stiff and I don't feel well. Lucy had a stomach bug earlier in the week, I think I have it now.

This week is the beginning of really racking up the miles:

Monday: 4 mi-hills
Wednesday: 6 mi
Friday: 4 mi
Saturday: 7 mi....
For a grand total of 21 total miles

3 comments:

lyn said...

oh boy... can I relate! This homestretch is pretty intense... I'm running more than I did before the half-marathon. You are doing great!!!

Me said...

You are awsome. That's way more than I'm running right now.

Rohan Shearer said...

Arlynda - I'm midway through week 2 and can't believe how great this feels to be running! I am so grateful you shared your program on your blog - its made a huge difference for me.