Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What Kids Want to Know

A few weeks ago, we asked the kids what they would like to learn from us before they are grown ups. Here's the list they made. I found it extremely enlightening.

Drive cars

fix things like cars, bikes and furniture

how to cook

laundry

clean the kitchen

do dishes

sew

read

manage money

make menu

parenting skills

play instrument

gardening

play football, basketball, soccer

how to do hair

cutting hair

first aid

applying for college

picking a career

decorating

picking a house

control kids when you are in an airplane

clean rooms

get kids to do chores

consequences

government works

how to do things quietly

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could use some help learning some of those. :) Control kids on airplanes, get them to do chores

Emma said...

That is a great list! Some of them made me laugh. So cute.

lyn said...

A very mature list - and hilarious, at times, too!

Kristen said...

Insightful

Tamara said...

Can I sit in on those lessons? Wow.