Monday, December 08, 2008

Today

I wanted to make a record of a typical day. Although, not so typically, I got a lot done today.

5:45 Seth wakes up, hungry, so I feed him

6:00 Jamie wakes up

6:40 Seth falls back to sleep after actively eating for 1 hour (the kid has his dad's metabolism)

7:10 Lucy wakes up eats half my breakfast

7:15 I get Lucy her breakfast, make Bailey and Abby lunch

7:30 Abby gets up, I help her get her breakfast

7:45 I wake Bailey up, if he sleeps to much longer, he's gonna be late for school. I notice that Lucy has gotten a hold of some bread and has crumbled it all over the front room. Lucy and I clean up front room.

8:00 I start working on my chores, laundry, dishes, etc.

8:50 I remind Abby and Bailey that they need to get their lunches in their backpacks. In the process Abby breaks a glass cup. I clean up the glass, because Abigail is too young to clean up glass.

9:05 Bailey and Abby leave for school.

9:10 I blog about my morning. Seth is starting to fuss to be fed. I feed Seth while watching a documentary about Thomas Jefferson on Netflicks, Lucy watches with me.

9:30 Seth has decided that he really isn't hungry so we do some laundry and clean up the front room.

10:00 Seth has finally decided to eat, so we watch some more Thomas Jefferson.

10:30 Seth is done. Lucy and I do some more laundry.

11:00 I make lunch for Lucy and I.

11:30 I vacuum the kitchen floor again making sure I got all of the glass shards up. I do the dishes from breakfast and lunch and start the dishwasher. Lucy and I vacuum the front room and clean the couch (remove the seats and clean up the toys, and cracker crumbs).

12:00 Lucy and I play with the balls around the house, do some more laundry.

1:00 I put Lucy down for a nap and nurse Seth. I take the opportunity to take a power nap.

1:40 Seth is asleep, so I put him in his crib and exercise for 40 minutes.

2:45 Finish cleaning the kitchen, do some more laundry, write a shopping list.

3:30 Wake Lucy and Seth up, bundle them up, go get Abby and Bailey from school.

4:00 Get Bailey started on homework, make afternoon snack. Feed Seth.

5:15 Leave Jamie to work on pageant with kids, go to store to get some groceries, with Seth.

6:00 Make dinner, put groceries away, unload dishwasher

6:30 Eat Dinner

7:00 Feed Seth, get Abby in Shower, help Bailey do dinner dishes Jamie gets Lucy in a bath

7:30 Have family night, which consists of beginning to read "The Christmas Carol" as a family.

8:00 Scriptures and Family Prayer

8:30 Lucy in bed Feed Seth. Jamie reads to Bailey and Abby,

9:00 Bailey and Abby go to bed

9:15 Jamie falls asleep while I'm still nursing Seth. I tell Jamie good night and go down stairs to nurse Seth some more.

10:30 write blog about my day do some laundry, nurse Seth some more (he likes to eat a lot before he goes down for the night. He's done this since birth.)

11:30 probably the time that I will go to bed.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Thats quite a day! You are a busy lady. I can't beleive that school starts so late for Abby and Bailey. Emily has to wake up at 6:20, and is on the bus by 7:00. Does Abby go to school for a full day or only half day?

Anonymous said...

And this is why I am on birth control. :)

lyn said...

That's a lot of feeding people!!

Shelly said...

I am impressed that you were able to accomplish so much while nursing a "dining" baby (No fast-food for Seth, he obviously likes to savor the flavor.)

Congratulations Arlynda--Please give yourself a big pat of the back from me!!!