I have to remember to turn off the sound on my computer. Something that I usually do, but sometimes I forget because I was editing some video or listening to a favorite song or watching something on You Tube. Then, when I find the time to go looking at my friend's blogs, I get a surprise, they share their favorite music with me. Most of the time, I don't mind. In fact, sometimes I log onto someone's blog just to listen to their playlist while I clean or cook dinner, or to let my kids have something original to dance to.
But, the fact of the matter is that I usually read blogs and blog late at night or early in the morning. It seems easier, either the kids are asleep or anxiously engaged in getting ready for the day that I'm able to actually focus. So, especially after I've been working on editing videos, because usually I have the sound up pretty loud, the disruption to the silence around me can be quite alarming when someone shares their favorite songs. I frantically get the sound turn off, which is akin to keeping your wits about you during a fire alarm.
Just yesterday in fact, Seth was sleeping on my lap while I was on the computer and SURPRISE! music came blasting out of my computer. Which woke him up, and ended my brief but lovely appreciation of how fun babies are.
So, I don't know if its a pet peeve or not. On the one hand I like listening to my friends music, on the other hand it is extremely jolting to have unexpected music come blasting out of your computer.
4 comments:
DEFINITELY a pet peeve. The mute button is on ~80% of the time because of music on blogs. Drives me nuts.
I usually have the sound off as well. I read most of my friends blogs through google reader. Because I'm not actually on their site, the music doesn't play.
But when I visit the actual site and my volume is up I jump, and have to turn it off.
it was mine, wasn't it? i'm sorry, lynd, i'll take the smashmouth song off - the rest are pretty low key and relaxing. that one song is especially loud, i feel a measure of guilt that it ended precious nap time. it was good to see you today - you look more peaceful :) your hair looked good too. i think i've decided to grow mine out to look like yours. ;)
Hey! I love my music...it is more updated than my ipod. But to be honest, I have it muted quite a bit myself...Oh, well. Sorry.
Post a Comment