Thursday, November 13, 2008

Colonel Mustard, In the Kitchen, With the Wisk

This is my favorite salad dressing, its yummy, easy, and pretty versatile. I got it from "Moosewood Cooks at Home"

1 part mustard, the recipe calls for Dijon, which is good, but we found we prefer spicy brown
1 part honey
1 part apple cider vinegar
3 parts olive oil (or some other oil if you don't like o.o.)
It keeps covered in the fridge for about two weeks. If the olive oil gets a little solid, just leave on the counter or warm it in some hot water.

I especially like this with baby lettuces that are a little bitter. Sometimes I just cook up a little chicken that has been seasoned with garlic and grab some fetta to eat with the greens, hmmm, yummy. I also really thing that this recipe goes well with basil pesto. Yummm pesto.

2 comments:

Shelah said...

your pesto is so good. How are you surviving without your basil?

Queen of the Castle said...

I'm not surviving without my basil. The corner grocery store sales fresh basil for pretty cheap, so I can get my basil fix, but buying enough to make pesto is hard to justify. I'm gonna plant tons of basil next summer.