Thursday, August 14, 2008

Today is the day before...

Lucy turns two and I have a baby.
I'm always amazed how the day before something big, life seems to take over and give you a list of a hundred things to do. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes, it isn't. I can't decide if the busy day I have planned (out of necessity) is a good thing or not. On the one hand, staying busy will keep me from thinking about the surgery, but on the other hand, I would really appreciate getting some rest before I enter the insomniac phase of motherhood once again.
Maybe if I have a super crazy morning, my afternoon can be somewhat restful.
(Luckily, the baby and I are doing amazingly well. I'm tired and sore, but that is to be expected at this point. I'm so glad that he is doing well.)

9 comments:

Melanie said...

You made it!!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. I hope it all goes well. Wish we could meet him, but the blog will have to do.

Good luck and Congratulations! :)

Colette said...

We will be thinking of you. We pray all goes well for your entire family especially you and baby Seth.

Tamara said...

Hurray! I bet you are glad you are in the home stretch! Hang in there....Denae is on her way. Wish I was too! Congratulations and we will be thinking of you guys tomorrow-

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Sorry I am not coming out to help, but Denae will probably be more helpful. :) Hope everything goes well. You'll have to have Jamie post on the blog while your at the hospital so we all know it went good.

Sara said...

I didn't know that Denae is on her way to help you. That is so cool. She will be so great and I bet you guys will have so much fun together (even if you DID just have a baby). I'm so excited for you and hope all goes well.

Mary said...

I hope you are doing well! Get some sleep (if you can!) and be sure to put up some pictures of the new little prince!

Jill Child McGowan said...

Good luck with the new baby! We all know you'll manage it well! We can't wait for family photos!

Unknown said...

I miss your family! I wish I was there to help too! I will be thinking about you tomorrow and hope it all goes well.

Emma said...

I can't wait to hear how it went! I still have 2 weeks - maybe!