These are probably the hardest costumes that I have ever made, but they turned our really good, especially the lederhosen. I had to make my own patterns because there are not patterns available for lederhosen. There are patterns available for dirndl (traditional German dresses), but they were expensive, so I pieced together a few patterns to make my costume. Lucy's and Abby's were the easiest as I just had to add the decoration onto a regular dress pattern. I'm glad that they turned out so well, but it was really stressful for me. I'm really glad that I did it now that I'm done. It is a fun tradition that our kids look forward to every year.

3 comments:
Those turned out great!!!
First of all, I don't even know what a lederhosen is, let alone how to make one without a pattern. You are AMAZING!
Lederhosen means leather pants. They are the traditional clothes worn by men and boys in Southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland, etc. The pants I made were made from suede. I couldn't afford real leather. I got a great deal on the suede though. I think that they might actually be easier to make from real leather, but I'll probably never know.
Post a Comment