Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The First Day of School

Monday was the first day of school. Lucy and I are the only ones not going to school this year. Bailey is in kindergarten, Abby is in Pre-Kindergarten, which is essentially preschool, and Jamie is starting his last year of graduate school. I love the start of school, it is exciting! I realized this year how much I missed being in the middle of it. Maybe someday I'll get back to teaching and perhaps working on a master's but right now, I'm living vicariously through my husband and children. I must say that though the first day of school is exciting, I will be much relieved when Jamie goes to his last day of school!


Abby in front of our red door, ready for school.


Bailey in red in front of our red door, excited for his first day of kindergarten.


Abby in her classroom at school.

2 comments:

Colette said...

Abby looks so happy to be in school. They are both adorable!

P.S. I LOVE the red door.

Queen of the Castle said...

Thanks. I think they are adorable too. Abby is happy to be in school, although when she is home she is a bit more attached to me than she was before. If I try to leave without her, she lets me know that she wants to come.
I love the red door too. In fact, I asked Jamie if we could paint the door red on our next house because I like it so much.