Saturday, February 17, 2007

A full lap


Jamie and I believe that it is very important to read to our children. Because of that our children love to be read to, which sometimes creates a crowded reading session. When we just had Bailey and Abby it was a lot easier to have them sit on our laps and read to them at the same time, but now that we have Lucy, I think it is going to get a lot harder (especially as Lucy gets bigger!).
I think that time spent reading together benefits children immensely. It is a time that they look forward to, they learn that they can find information in books, it is great time spent together, and they learn to read easier. Books on tape also provide a chance for the kids to listen to a story instead of watching TV. They are great!

No comments: