We finally let Bailey start reading Harry Potter. I had this crazy idea that I would read them along with him. I failed to think about the fact that Bailey has more time to read than I do and I'm reading two really long books, so I made it through the Sorcerer's Stone, but not much farther. Bailey though made it all the way through book five.
This is my second favorite Harry Potter book, my first favorite is "Chamber of Secrets".
It's always enjoyable to re-read Rowling's descriptions of the wizarding world. I like Hogwarts, its a school with personality and the teachers, well as much as I admire many of my teachers, they are certainly more exciting things going on at Hogwarts than there were at my High School. Hermione is
my favorite character (I feel a nerdy kinship with her).
Bailey enjoyed them, I'm glad we made him wait. Abby is looking forward to reading them when she turns eleven. I think it will be a fun coming of age tradition in our family.
1 comment:
Good call on having your kids wait to read them--build up some anxiousness and mystery. I have been wanting to re-read all 7. It's not easy to find time to read these huge books, but I miss them! The characters have become friends to me. If I had to pick just one, I think Book 7 would be my favorite.
Post a Comment