Ah. January. Sometimes I think that New Year's resolutions stem from a tradition of trying very hard to focus on something during long nights and cold days of January. It's difficult to leave the indulgences of the Christmas season behind. It's an anti-climax we find ourselves stuck in every year.
What did we do this January?
We stayed up way too late on New Year's. I finally told the kids that I was going to bed. I just couldn't do it anymore.
Bailey participated in his last pinewood derby. He's going to miss pinewood derbies. He loves building the cars. This year's car sported a Red Tailed Hawk.
We bought a new vacuum. The last one lasted 6 years, 1 year longer than the first one. Let's hope this one gets us through Bailey heading off to college.
Filed our taxes, got a return, which is awesome.
Planned a crazy three and a half week road trip almost all the way across the country, visiting just about every National Park between here and there.
Threw out the crazy road trip and decided to fly and rent a van (thanks to overpaying our taxes this year and a work bonus).
Survived a two week long visit from a stomach bug that showed up suddenly, left just as quickly as it came and then snuck back in a few days later just to linger around a little.
Spent a Saturday at Ikea. Ikea is not a good place to go on Saturday. Tuesday, yes, no people and kids eat free. Saturday, no, tons of people and kids don't eat free.
Cleaned up our bike area to allow for early training for this year's biking craziness. Perhaps this year, I'll be able to do the full century. But something tells me it is going to be a few more years of metrics.
Reorganized my sewing/knitting stuff after the younger two decided that it all needed to be reorganized. At least I think that's what it meant when I came down stairs and saw all the stuff on the floor.
I made three hooded towels for baby showers/friends that are having babies. They are the best present ever and last for a very long time.
Today was a beautiful ending to January. It was warm, the kids played outside and I vacuumed my van out (something I refuse to do when it is cold). I talked with neighbors and got some much needed sunshine. What a way to finish and otherwise cold and gloomy time of the year.
2 comments:
Busy, busy. We just got our tax refund today. Yay! How do you make your hooded towels? You should do a tutorial! :o)
I should do a tutorial. Perhaps when the kids are on a field trip, I'll take the time and do one.
Of course if you really want one, I could make you one.
Post a Comment