Sunday, June 05, 2011

Two Dancing Princesses

Abby and Lucy both took dance classes this year.  Saturday was the big recital day.  These pictures are from the rehearsal the day before.

 Lucy danced to "Believe" from "The Polar Express".  The dancers were suppose to be snowflakes.  Lucy was so excited to be on the stage doing her dance.  Most of the time she was a few counts in front of everyone.  She knew the dance well.  Lucy is planning to continue in a creative motion class next year. 

Abby danced to "Phantom of the Opera", complete with a phantom (not pictured here).  Abby is one of the youngest in this class, but kept up well.  She's learned a lot about ballet during the past year.  She's also showing more interest in other kinds of dance, so we are trying to decide what classes to sign up for next year.

I tried posting a video, but got an alert from youtube about possible copyrighted content, so I'll review copyright laws, but I think I can post part of the videos without breaking any.  If/when I get that done, I'll post some videos.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Fun. What a lovely, girly thing for your little princesses.

Evelyn said...

Gosh, I can't believe Lucy is old enough to be in dance class! She looks so much like Bailey, too.

Me said...

This picture of Lucy is fabulouse.