Life is so much more interesting when you pretend that you are royalty. (At least my daughters seem to think so.)
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Cleaning the Castle
Last week we started "chore badges". Every morning I put cards in the little plastic name badges for the family. They are the chores that everyone has to do for that day. Bailey also has all of the subjects he needs to do for homeschool. I don't require that the kids wear them, but they like to. I've been surprised at how much they get done and how much they are willing to do. It's been great, we all get more done and I don't have to badger then so much. (That pun was very much so intended.)
Some other things that we do to help things along:
You get a privilege card (a pass to do something) you like during quiet time when your badge is empty. They should be able to earn one a day.
If all of the chores that you have been assigned to do are done by quiet time, you can use a privilege card. If not, you do quiet time in your room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just curious about chores for Lucy. Right now we have bin do stuff like clean her barbies, put blocks away, put plate in sink after dinner, go fetch stuff for mommy (baby just puked, bin grab me towel kind of thing). Is that about the level you do with Lucy or should I be expecting more?
Post a Comment