Life is so much more interesting when you pretend that you are royalty. (At least my daughters seem to think so.)
Monday, September 07, 2009
Dancing Sprites!
Abby isn't really a sprite, but these are: Sprites (Lightning), and I've seen video of them "dancing". Abby's enthusiasm for ballet reminded me of these super awesome upper atmospheric displays of lightning. She's been wanting to take ballet classes since she realized that ballet existed. I finally found a school that was reasonably priced and had a good reputation, so she is now a ballerina. The classes last until May, so she should be quite the little dancer by then. And perhaps someday she'll be a Dancing Sprite in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Awesome! I hope she enjoys her dancing lessons.
Joia started dance this year too! She also wanted ballet, but for conveinience sake she's taking a combined class of ballet, jazz, tap, and tumbling. There is a dance studio right next to our store that teaches the combined Kindergarten class every Friday (which is our "store day" anyway).
So cute! Have you thought about making some cute tutus? http://www.gophotography.com/tutu/
I'm sure you could do something more complicated, but if I had a little girl, this would be right up my alley.
That is so wonderful. I hope she likes it. She's so cute.
Wow! Something scientific on wikipedia that I could contribute knowledge to and have actually met or worked with a good half of the people sited. Ten years ago if you googled Sprites all you got was a bunch of stuff you didn't want to see.
Kudos to Abby! I look forward to the day when she flits across the stage just like that string of 8+ sprites did across the Great Plains.
Post a Comment