
I really enjoyed this book. It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a book this much. There is so much going on in this book that I'm having a hard time knowing where to begin. It is a story about two sons and their fathers. It is a story about friendship. It is a story about coming of age. It is a story about parenting. It is a story about understanding.
Like I said, hard to talk about without giving away any details, and it was such a joy to read that I don't want to spoil it for you, so instead of reading my review, go get a copy and enjoy it yourself.
3 comments:
I LOVE this book! The Promise is very good as well. These two, along with My Name is Asher Lev, are my favorites of Chaim Potock.
so i read this book between semesters a few months back and i was so intrigued by it and NEEDED someone to talk with about it and had NOBODY! just what you had said about needing someone to discuss books with as soon as you finish them - and hearty books at that...yeah. so i'm glad you liked it. i did too. i would've like it better with lots of enlightened discussion. :)
Brett loves this book. He read the whole series. Thanks for putting it on your blog. I am always looking for more books to read. I will get on the library website right now. :O
Post a Comment