Sunday, February 01, 2009

Six or one half dozen the other

Here is what last week looked like:
Monday: 5 minute jog, 3 minute walk, 5 minute jog 3 minute walk, 5 minute jog
Tuesday: Potty training fun, need I say more? Snow, snow, snow.
Wednesday: Ice, ice, ice, postponed running because I'd rather not get injured slipping on ice.
Thursday: 8 minute jog 5 minute walk, 8 minute jog
Saturday: 20 minute jog


Here are the runs for this week:

Tuesday:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Thursday:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk
Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes)

Saturday:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk
jog 2-1/4 miles (or 25 minutes) with no walking.

I'm trying really hard to get my other exercising in. The problem is that the best time to do it is just after Jamie gets home, but then he is left to fix dinner, which is a chore that I like and that he has a harder time with. I'm trying to work out a schedule that will work for all of us better. When it warms up I'll just run with Lucy and Seth in the stroller, but it is too cold right now for Seth and Lucy is potty training. I really don't want to have to clean up the stroller.

3 comments:

lyn said...

Hey - you're doing great! How do you feel after being sick? Everything going okay?

Queen of the Castle said...

I'm a little sluggish, but I'm getting better. I think I'm finally starting to drop some poundage, which will help. I have a hard time loosing weight when I'm nursing. I think the hormones cause my system to retain the fat. And I have a really bad sweet tooth while I'm nursing for some reason.
The 20 minute run was really hard. I had to quit at 18 minutes cause I had so much phlegm in my throat and nose (you asked, I'll tell). The cold air seems to make things worse, but I'm not a huge fan of treadmills, I'd rather run outside even if it is freezing.

Jill said...

how about an outdoor treadmill? (ours is in the outdoor room attached to the house.) i LOVE it so far, i get the nice benefit of the chilly air but am protected from all the wet hazards out there. i'm on day two of walking. i tried to run today - made it for about a minute or two - an 8th of a mile, then walked the rest. i'm proud of you, though, you're sticking to this SO fantastically, go YOU!!