I successfully got the big kids to school on time, despite Lucy and her ability to go through her entire wardrobe looking for something decent to wear on a run with mommy, and to do it after we should have already left. It was threatening to rain, but it was warm, so I started my run. I was doing remarkably well, I had a good pace, I was doing well pushing the stroller, it didn't seem like as much of a burden as it has in during past runs.
The only problem was that Seth was frantically screaming because his mommy was not holding him and he knew that she was somewhere close by. About a mile into my run I stopped and got him out and calmed him down. I would have just walked home carrying him, but it started to rain, so I put him back in the stroller, where he could be protected by the rain cover and kept warm. He commenced his frantic cries and started running back to our house. As I rounded the last corner, his cries became much less frantic and began to have a tired quality to them. By the time we got to out house both Seth and Lucy were asleep, I expected them to wake up quickly once the stroller stopped moving, so I got the stroller in the house and left them to wake up on their own. One hour later they woke up. I should have kept running, but then they probably would have only slept for five minutes.
I finished my run after Jamie got home.
Last week, I didn't do the cross training rides on my bike, for two reasons; first that my legs have been doing amazingly well, and second because I've been spring cleaning. I didn't do last week's Friday run, but the others went really well.
Here are my runs for this week:
Monday: 3.0 miles with hills
Tuesday: biking
Wednesday: 4.0miles
Thursday: biking
Friday: 3.0 miles
Saturday: 6.0 miles
1 comment:
Kids make exercising hard. I haven't really got back into exercising since I became a mom. I look up to you for sticking with it! It sounds like you're doing great.
Post a Comment