Life is so much more interesting when you pretend that you are royalty. (At least my daughters seem to think so.)
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Marketing
I have never liked marketing. I tire of the endless advertising and ploys to get my money. I just want to take care of my family the best I can. It tends to remind me of the story of the Lorax by Dr. Seuss, if you haven't read it, you should. "Everyone needs a thneed." I try really hard to avoid things that make me feel like they are trying to trick me into getting my money. (Let's just say that there is a widely known store that a lot of people like, or use because they feel they have to, that I tend to avoid for this very reason.) Well, I got tricked into having one of those parties where you invite your friends to come spend their money so you can save money on things. Why?, you may ask, because I was helping a friend (she got discounts because I scheduled a party at her party, which I only went to because I wanted a night out), WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THEY MODEL THEIR BUSINESSES LIKE THAT! These companies play off the emotional attachments that women have for their friends (notice that there is no "Pampered Mechanic" company, sorry about the stereotyping, but it is true). Good marketing? I guess it is working for a lot of people, but not for me. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do about it, but I absolutely know for sure that I don't like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you! You just reminded me why I have always refused to play hostess to any and all of these types of "parties".
You're Welcome! I'm glad that I have reminded myself why I don't like them.
I refuse to go to them at all. Did I ever tell you about when I kicked the tuperware lady out?
Good times!
Kristen
Yeah, you told me about that. I shouldn't have went.
Post a Comment